An example of the Cassandra syndrome and the Finger of Fate….
In behavioural terms, the assessment of a ‘Cassandra complex’ is based on the complexity of a person’s behaviour; a metaphor for a ‘moral conscience’ ie the person predicts that nothing good will come of what’s ahead and warns that punishment will follow and grief arise; as prophesized by Cassandra in the Greek myths.
In contemporary psychological terms, the Cassandra complex is explained by a character’s need to point out moral infringements by prophecy. Subsequent social consequence is driven by this moral conscience and also for the prophet to distance themselves from any moral responsibility. The origin of the aberration is invariably a conflicted ego.
Krystal Jean Kenney foretold, moralised, and participated in the plotting, lead-up, and aftermath of the murder of Kelsey Berreth. Kenney’s statement rests on (morally) distancing herself from the crime ‘she left clues for the investigators.
Meanwhile Kenney’s lover, Patrick Frazee awaits trial for the murder of Kelsey Berreth.
The asteroid #114 Kassandra (Latin translation of the Greek) has to be my first choice out of the toolbox for our astrology enquiry in the involvement of Krystal Kenney.
POI: Krystal Jean Kenney Lee
Location: Woodland Park, Colorado
CCTV footage: 11:15am 24th November 2018
The snapshot in time is shortly after the clean-up of the crime scene by Kenney; two days after the murder.
A snapshot of the pattern in the heavens can be interpreted with the hindsight and knowledge of Kenney’s version of events that is on the record. Our asteroids are selected accordingly.
Casanova #7328 – ‘ultimate’ lover
Eros #433 – God Of Love
Ixion #28978 – murderous rage
Juno Rx – jealousy and possessiveness
Kassandra #114 – psychological complex/syndrome/metaphor
Martir #1582 – martyrdom
Mjolnir #85585 – Thors hammer/murder weapon a baseball bat
Narcissus #37117 – excessive self-interest
Nessus #7066 – abuse of trust
Panacea #2878 – remedy for everything
Pyrrha #632 – fire/burning of the body
We note the boxed pattern of 4x 90degree angles of tension; all elements are locked-and-loaded. The trauma of the situation (Nodal Axis) 29°Cancer-Capricorn together with Uranus Rx 29°Aries and Mjolnir 28°Libra.
Note: Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome and powerful weapons in existence. In this crime, the murder weapon, a baseball bat wielded by the killer Patrick Frazee; Krystal Kenney’s lover.
Transiting Uranus Rx is particularly relevant to this case; creating desires to rebel, move on with life; generating frustration in those challenged by the tension of this transit. Krystal Kenney will have experienced transiting Uranus both direct and retrograde by conjunction with her Nodal axis for several months. But I’m getting ahead of myself…
So the locked and loaded pattern in the heavens indicates the potential of a traumatic event, sudden changes in behaviour, involving a weapon similar to a hammer (a baseball bat in this crime).
The next step in interpretation is to make note of the angles; time and place. In any interpretation, tension at the angles carry the most weight for interpretation.
- At the angle of the IC, the cusp of the 4th house; 24°Taurus is illuminated by the fixed star Algol by conjunction. Algol is named and feared as the indication of ‘a pile of corpses’; the devil-star by the ancients (Medusa). We also note the asteroids straddling the IC are Juno Rx 23°Taurus as well as Panacea-Narcissus both at 25°Taurus.
So the cleanup operation by Kenney can be interpreted as having been an all-purpose remedy (Panacea) of excessive self-indulgence (Narcissus) as well as an act of possessiveness and jealousy’ (Juno Rx). If that’s not a deluded moral statement, I don’t know what is…
This tension at the IC has further significance in the overall pattern; the ‘finger of fate’, sometimes known as the finger of God in astrology texts; a YOD.
Note: A Yod is an astrological aspect pattern that involves any three planets or points in the horoscope that form an isosceles triangle. The Yod is formed when the two planets make a sextile aspect and the third planet is opposite their mid-point.
The pattern are two quincunx (disregard for the consequences of behaviour) focusing on a third point in the heavens.
The stellium at the IC is the primary focus/a yod formation of the midpoint of Venus-Kassandra (a female’s desires to prophetise) at 26°Libra; the cusp of the 9th house (fantasy) together with the asteroid Ixion (murderous rage) at 26°Sagittarius (demanding respect) in the 11th house of desiring love/friendship. We can be safe in considering that this tension could well indicate the ending of Kelsey Berreth’s life would solve all Kenney’s problems; a panacea in her search for the love of Patrick Frazee. She cleaned-up his mess.
- There is a second Yod in this chart.
Venus-Kassandra is also the focus of Juno Rx-Panacea-Narcissus together with Chiron in Pisces bringing up the concept of sacrifice. This fulfils the self-fulfilling prophecy of Cassandra.
- Plus… take a breath; there is the potential for a third Yod with the focus on 27°Cancer Pyrrha Rx (fire); the body was burned on the evening of 24th November) quincunx 26°Sagittarius Ixion (murder) and Martir 25°Aquarius. This combination brings all sorts of religious fervour to mind.
- Asteroid Martir in the 1st house is also opposite Casanova and AP Fortuna (destiny). We could suggest a whiff of sulphur; a religious version of the master-slave dialectic is in the air. Martyrdom is a sacrificial act by the ego, in which the slave chooses to believe that their martyrdom ‘binds’ their master to them.
Uranus Rx at 29°Aries is also the echo (in the mirror) of Thor’s hammer – by opposition (due to the box pattern). That Kenney was the original instigator of using a baseball bat as the weapon, will likely come back to haunt her, as the method was taken up by her lover in the final deed of murder of the mother of his child.
- The 6th house (cooperative effort) in this chart includes the asteroid Pyrrha (burning of the body) at 27°Cancer, which is opposite Vesta (concealment), This tension could likely relate to the concealment of the remains of the victim following the fire as Vesta is in the 12th house (the unknown).
Krystal Kenney and Patrick Frazee were born 2 weeks apart, and so we know that their individual driving needs (position of the Moon on the dates of their birth) will be illuminated in the mirror for each other. The relationship is one of reflecting needs of each other, rather than being on the same page; conjunct.
We also know from our original post, that Patrick Frazee has an afflicted natal Sun (ego); Sun-North Node conjunct in his natal chart (mother complex; oftentimes called ‘mommy’s boy’) and we are sure to find an equally challenging conflicted Sun/ego in Kenney’s natal chart; particularly when we know that the Cassandra ‘personality disorder’ is most commonly based on a ‘super ego’ development. The resulting stunted development results in an inflated moralistic stance; view of the world.
Both Frazee and Kenney have Saturn Rx in their natal pattern, indicating a lack of male mentoring in their early lives. The male mentors/fathers took a back seat for whatever reason .
Krystal Kenney’s natal Sun is firstly conjoined with Eris (ego desires trouble and strife) at 14-15°Aries. Plus the natal Sun has a quindecile (compulsion/obsessive desire to fulfill personal ‘wants’) with her natal South Node, which then naturally mirrors the North Node-Martir 0-1°Taurus conjunction, across the axis. Immediately we must consider her early childhood development, and likely martyrdom issues with mom.
More on the Yod: To see one Yod is unusual, to see four in a chart is rare. There is likelihood to witness a personality disorder of some magnitude in this character’s behaviour.
Rather than being in a tug of war of two energies focusing on one influence, each yod pattern intensifies the quincunx/disregard for consequences; in this case multiplied by four…. And that is not taking into consideration any transits during this person’s life (note the chart at the beginning of this post contains yod patterns as well).
- The first Yod we can interpret in the natal chart is that of a focus on asteroid 4:34°Leo; Casanova (a king among men). The quincunx (disregard for behaviour) of her ‘ideal man’ is Neptune at 5°Capricorn and Vesta at 5°Pisces. These potential weaknesses are that of Neptune representing delusion; subversive behaviour, and Vesta usually identifies either illegal acts, or hidden matters; rather than the benign interpretation of Vesta as ‘keeping the home fires burning’. There is romance in the mystery; self-delusion at the least.
Note: CCTV time11:15am chart for 24November 2018; above, reveals the the significance and synastry of Kenney’s participation in the murder of Kelsey Berreth. The horizontal axis of 3:30°Aquarius-Leo of the cctv chart is also the axis for the first Yod in Kenney’s natal chart. Natal Eros-Pandora straddle the ascendant (location) and natal asteroid Casanova is in the mirror at the descendant.
- The second Yod has the focus on 6°Scorpio Pluto (power-powerlessness struggle in the realm of secrets). The disregard for her behaviour in this tension involves asteroid Atropos #273, which is a gamble with the Fates (Atropos is symbolic of the end of one’s life). The tension from Atropos-Panacea at 4:32°Aries and Black Moon Lilith/Mean Apogee (a mathematical point in a chart) 4°Gemini. The BML is always referred to as the weakest link in any chart.
- The third Yod has the focus on Neptune at 5°Capricorn (delusion and the unknown) together with tension from BML 4°Gemini and Casanova 4°Leo (note yod 1 and 2 already include these two points = compounding the behaviour even further).
- The fourth Yod has the focus on natal Black Moon Lilith/Mean Apogee. BML is at 4°Gemini with the tension coming from the malefic planets of Mars-Neptune (deluded action) and Pluto (power-powerlessness). This suggests that the notion/belief is between a rock and a hard place. To a reasoned mind, this is insane.
But of course there is more to interpret…
2-5°Aquarius Eros-Pandora is the midpoint of Neptune-Vesta and in the mirror of 4°Leo Casanova – opening Pandora’s box reveals love; or at least Kenney’s concept of what ‘love’ is (Eros is the Greek god of love), and so her participation in the crime can likely be explained away in within her belief system as ‘an act of love’. It’s all part of the moral stance of the ego.
20°Libra Narcissus quindecile Atropos-Panacea – obsession; ‘to the death’ – self-sacrifice for one’s beliefs.
20°Libra Narcissus quindecile Pholus – obsession with self to the exclusion of all others, is where mistakes are made. The moral stance is self above family, friends, social, or cultural norms.
The baseball bat; Mjolnir-Chiron 10°Gemini mirrors 9°Sagittarius Saturn Rx in the mirror. Inspired thought, or mental telepathy… Either way, both Patrick Frazee and Krystal Kenney were on the same wavelength in the choice of weapon that killed Kelsey Berreth.
As I write, Krystal Jean Kenney Lee awaits her time in the dock.
Previous posts in this case: