Before we start, I have to let a bent copper, a fat cat and a painters and dockers hit-man off the hook. Detective Frederick Claude (Fred) Krahe did not kill Donald Mackay at the behest of Francis John (Frank) Nugan, or at least not according to the heavens. Nor did James Frederick Bazley.
Those three astrology charts were as quiet as church mice on the night when anti drug campaigner Donald Mackay was murdered. You might note though, that there is a little interaction with the bent copper.
Venus in pink would suggest that possibly Krahe was slipped the word to get himself an alibi for the night in question and the second bi-wheel Nugan; well he’s obviously well chuffed, Sun conjunct Jupiter. Frank Nugan’s future of notoriety lay elsewhere in the years ahead.
I suggest that dis-onoratable persons of interest were in the shadows, behind The Griff that evening and the heavens will assist us in our enquiry as to who was on the scene; who was behind the scenes; plus those hiding behind alibis.
Our forensic astrology enquiry is not accepted in a court of law; is based on the pseudo science of astrology and can only be taken as suggestion rather than fact. We poke and prod, ask questions and point fingers, however at the end of the day we are only interpreting what the planetary tensions are at any given time. Remain skeptical; it is healthy.
Donald Mackay was quoted as having said that he was after just one man in his campaign; unfortunately Saturn, father time; the grim reaper has beaten us to win Mackay’s campaign for justice. The little cobbler, Pietro Callipari died just a decade after the murder of Donald Mackay.
Donald Mackay had cost la famiglia marijuana industry plenty. Eighteen months before he was killed, he led the Sydney drug squad to bust a marijuana plantation in Coleambally; 31.5 acres of plants. The street value in 1975 was $25million; today with CPI that’s $100million; a lot of lettuce…
A further bust in Euston in March 1977 emptied their pockets even more. Donald Mackay was bad for business. The lights would have been burning late into the night in the basement of the shoe shop in Banna Avenue.
It is somewhat ironic that the little shoe shop in Banna Avenue is now, many years later in different hands; a firearms supplier.
Continuing on from our first post Jerilderie, we suggest that a decision was made not to use an outside hit-man; that the murder and disposal of Donald Mackay’s body should be kept within the family; la famiglia.
Conspiracy charges led to conviction, but there has been no arrest for murder.
The search continues today for his remains.
From my original list of family members gleaned from the Woodward Royal Commission Inquiry into Drug Trafficking 1977-79, no one person is innocent, however we have to chop down a few peach trees to get to those who have sap on their hands.
Several names, which we would expect to be included in the heirarchy, aren’t; they already have convictions on the record and are possibly excluded by the committee in case they drew attention to the scheme.
Some made sure they were seen in public places on that fateful night; some travelled out of town for their alibis and others even took a trip to the Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise. The heavens however, have no consideration for alibis.
According to the astrology charts we have to hand, it appears that the upper eschelon; the inner core planning committee is kept to a minimum of four senior members under el padrino, Pietro Callipari. There are others of interest, however these four members of the cell are jumping up and down for our attention today.
Eldest to youngest: Leonardo Gambacorta, Antonio Velardi, Francesco Barbaro, and Robert Trimbole. This particular Group of Four may surprise a few people, however that’s how the fates have drawn the lots; how the heavens dictate. I am merely the scribe.
We have generated bi-wheels at the estimated time of murder (method). The inner wheel on all charts in this enquiry is a snapshot of the planetary positions overhead at 6:40pm 15th July, 1977 in Griffith, NSW – 34S17 146E02. The outer wheels are the birth charts of the persons of interest to us.
We view the tension between the planetary positions and interpret the tension by classical means in relevant terms to the situation at hand. Notes:
- The Descendant is at 09° Leo. A lion in the fight against crime will leave us tonight.
- Transiting Moon in the inner wheel of each bi-wheel represents the matriarchal system of the Mafiosi in this situation. Men may sit at the head of the table, however the symbol of matriarchy, rules the system.
Leonardo Gambacorta, owner of the property at Coleambally is the eldest of the four under Callipari. It is he who has lost the most after the Coleambally raid. He casts his vote.
- Mercury (yellow) in the inner wheel has transited to exact the angle of the descendant. Mercury is the communication planet – the message in a gun, death.
- Natal Saturn, the grim reaper in Gambacorta’s chart is at the top of the bi-wheel conjunct the midheaven; the MC. His authority over life and death of an innocent man is uppermost at this time. He would cast the first stone, albeit with el padrino’s blessing.
- Pluto in the inner wheel transits to conjunct exact his natal Sun. Power as to whether a man lives or dies is in his hands.
- Mars (action) is square to Venus (pink) la famiglia – the family is united in their resolve.
- Transiting Moon (blue) is conjunct natal Pluto. La famiglia hands the power to him.
Antonio Velardi lived in Fairfield, Sydney at the time and travelled down to Griffith for the meetings. He worked closely with Aussie Bob. His brother Domenico and nephew Frank were to bring ridicule to the family name in the future.
There is a lot of 8th house activity in this bi-wheel. It can be suggested that the other green stuff, money is very important to this man. That and the laundry business, perhaps.
- Transiting Sun (orange) tells us that this is the date of the murder. It is exact conjunct Velardi’s natal Pluto.. The calendar page turned, the fates aligned.
- Transiting Jupiter (green) inflates what it touches and in this case the natal Sun (orange) His chest would be puffed to maximum. A proud day for the Velardi family would be his thinking.
- Transiting Venus (pink) is square natal Neptune (turquoise) the family’s business – drug distribution is under tension.
- Transiting Neptune (turquoise in the inner wheel) is square natal Mars – underhanded goings on.
- The lunar nodal axis has transited to conjunct natal Uranus; this puts Velardi in a public place and subject to sudden changes in plans, cover contingencies.
I suggest that Velardi was not only at the meetings, but also had a bigger role to play in the crime. I am sure more will be revealed as we proceed with our enquiry.
Francesco Barbaro is the grower of peaches we wrote about earlier. He is also father of Pasquale, importer of MDMA and cocaine; the same Pasquale who is in jail for 30 years. He’ll miss your funeral Francesco. See post – thicker than water.
- Natal Venus (pink) is at the descendant. Yes well you have brought downfall to the family, Francesco. Being opposite to the ascendant would also indicate that you have scurried away with your family with a watertight alibi for the night in question.
- Transiting Mercury (the hit) is exact conjunct natal Venus (pink). Venus in the natal chart is either the character’s individual family or money. Have you agreed to the murder for economic reasons, is that what you are telling us Francesco?
- Transiting Neptune (turquoise in the inner wheel) is in tension with natal Sun (orange) Yes Francesco, you do like what the marijuana production gives you – big house, big car, status in the community, plenty of the readies in the pocket.
Robert Trimbole – good old Aussie Bob. We all know who he is – born into a Calabrian family, Bob started as an apprentice mechanic with Pioneer buses in Sydney. A damn good mechanic we are told, however with a wife and four kids, plus a very expensive habit; gambling on the horses, he expanded his business.
The Calabrian mafia-cell in Griffith was still in the fruit and vegetable racket when Robert Trimbole moved back to Griffith with his young bride. Trimbole is credited with starting the marijuana production and financed much of the expansion in the early years.
He is the junior in years of these four conspirators, however this does not lessen his involvement in the murder of Donald Mackay. Note the action in the 6th house, this is the house of everyday affairs. Aussie Bob is Mr Fixit.
- La famiglia Moon (blue) transits natal Jupiter (green) – flattery works well with Bob obviously.
- Transiting Pluto (power) square natal Jupiter. Another chest is puffed out in self-importance.
- Natal Sun (the calendar) is directly opposite natal Saturn (red) – authority. Bob is the planner – authority in the 12th house.
- Transiting lunar nodal axis (publicity and his undoing) is square natal Pluto – ultimately undermining his power base.
As we leave the basement, we need to consider what decisions these four players have made. We know that Antonio Velardi of Sydney is going to be getting his head together with Trimbole. No doubt they would have voted to use the boys that they knew best to go through with the actual murder.
Before we consider whom that might be, we need to expose el padrino himself.
We would expect pretty spectacular results for the little cobbler and we are not disappointed.
- Natal Mercury is at the ascendant – as el padrino, he gives the order to kill Donald Mackay. He is the top of the tree.
- Natal Saturn is conjunct the mid-heaven – as el padrino, he has the ultimate authority – note here that Callipari has a Saturn retrograde – this can also be interpreted as, “See Dad, I made it to the top.”
- Transiting Saturn (the grim reaper) is conjunct natal Neptune (turquoise) – l’onorate… silence
- Transit Moon (blue) conjunct natal Pluto – another power symbolism indicator.
- Transiting Mars square natal Sun – the order is given by him and no-one else. Must have been a great ego trip for this little man.
Enough of the scheming. What of the action? Where’s the smoking gun?
I’m sorry, but that will require a whole post of its own Part 3, as we continue our search for those who carry the burden of guilt to their graves; guilt of the murder and disposal of the body of Donald Mackay.