Nigel Gerard Arden Baden-Clay – father of the accused
Note: The birth certificate for this individual is Nigel Gerard Arden Clay not Baden-Clay. He changed his surname before marriage to Elaine Isobel Nora Hughes.
His marriage took place at Bournemouth, England on 23 August, 1969.
This chart has been rectified from information available on the public record as to his family’s movements in his early life.
Do you want the textbook analysis of his wants and needs first? It sums up what I keep banging on about this man elsewhere.
“The combination of your Sun sign and your Moon sign produces a quick aggressive mind, a keen sense of your own intelligence, and a sort of judicial attitude toward the rest of the world. You have to look out for smugness and self-satisfaction for you are somewhat prone to have a bit of a superiority complex. You are a very solid thinker, and what you know is usually accurate, well thought out, and well stated. But you can be cool, aloof, and detached, for your emotional side is anything but strong.
Oddly, you do better when you don’t seem so sure of yourself. This polarity combines the intellectuality and originality of Aquarius with the high spirit and independence of Aries. There is a lot of leadership potential in this match up, and indeed there is a firm and decided character. You push issues aggressively, often with the limited prudence or forethought that characterises Aries. You don’t like supervision generally because of fixed and independent nature; you’re best when you can work on your own without much interference. Although, as noted, you have a very fixed or stubborn disposition, you readily respond to bright new ideas, and in fact, you come up with your fair share of these, so it can never be said that you are the least bit reactionary.
Personal impulsiveness or the tendency to precipitate matters suggests a need for patience, or perhaps just a willingness to wait for the right time to do things that you know instinctively need to be done. Enthusiasm keeps you on the move, and you find it difficult to be inactive either mentally or physically.”
- Sun in the 1st house – keeping up appearances; what you see is what you get.
- Sun quindecile Pluto – obsession with personal power; hence the Bwana tag. I doubt very much that he realises that this tag amuses others.
- Venus quindecile Lunar nodal axis – this is where he got the idea that he’d make a good relationship counsellor – he failed.
- Moon square Mercury – (shares with aspect with his son, Gerard) – turns to women for advice.
The opening statement when this man took to the witness box was to correct the prosecutor as to the pronunciation of his son’s name “We christened him ‘Jerred’.” Initially this appears to be an Aries Moon move to throw the prosecutor off balance and take control of the courtroom, however there is a deeper meaning to this. He is actually referring to himself, not his son. Note his own christened name is Nigel Gerard Arden Clay.
So we note that neither parent really ever held their eldest child up for recognition; actually none of their children, when push comes to shove. Both parents are egotists. So when we take a look at the charts for the court case; the trial of his eldest child for the crime of murdering his wife, there’s not a whole lot of emotion present.
10th June 2014:
- Tr Moon square natal Pluto in the 12th house of the steel-trap (the mind) – exaggerated mind control – this reveals the opening challenge to the court from the witness box.
- Tr Lunar nodal axis intersects natal Moon (blue) in the outer wheel – emotionally based public appearance
- Tr Uranus square natal Jupiter (green) – boundless optimism; in common with his other children
10th July 2014:
- Tr Lunar nodal axis conjunct natal Moon – indicates a level of personal emotionally based trauma; 1st-8th house axis self v death/transformation.
- Tr Moon square natal Venus (pink) – needs support/cooperation from family (a continuation of his turning to women for advice)
- Tr Uranus quindecile natal Neptune (turquoise) – the obsessive element involving delusion (as appears in other family members charts) including a possible underhanded means used to do the job. So what is the job for Nigel – it’ll be about himself not his son.
- Tr Uranus square Jupiter in the outer wheel (green) – optimism would be turning to delusion I would have thought, at this point in the game.
- Tr Sun (orange) conjunct natal Jupiter in the outer wheel – date on the calendar is waning by one day, however the inflation of his ego continues.
- Tr Jupiter (green) in the inner wheel square natal Moon – inflated personal needs that he is, above all, ‘bwana’.