See our post 22nd August 2014 for background to case: Sheila Mack in Bali
- Murder: 12th August 2014 (early hours)
- Events used:
- 6:45am Wake-up call booked
- 11:26am Body delivered in suitcase to taxi
- Birth data:
- POI – Heather Mack: 11th October 1995 (per passport)
- POI – Tommy Schaefer: 13th July 1993 (per social media)
- Victim – Sheila Mack: 10 June 1952 (Minnesota)
- Asteroids of possible interest transiting at the time of the murder:
- Bali #770 – 17°Libra
- Heather #3922 – 16°Scorpio
- Ixion #28978 – 20°Sagittarius
- Schaefer # 15412 – 02°Cancer
- Scheila #596 – 09°Gemini
To the best of my knowledge, we do not know time or place of birth for Tommy Schaefer. Chicago at noon is used for a mid-range Moon.
Note: For this first chart we cannot use the house placements for any interpretation.
Cancer Sun and Taurus Moon (04°-17° range) gives us a character whom comes across as a very charming, sensitive and adaptable individual. Not necessarily over secretive, nor isolated from his peers, he would be more selective and careful about the company he keeps (likely has underlying agendas as to his motives).
With that Cancer Sun – sincerity and loyalty are two traits that he would possess and likewise, would require these traits of those closest to him (in our case Heather). That Taurus Moon reveals someone whom is impressionable by appearances of wealth in others, revealing a strong material side to his nature. He probably wears designer labels at the cost of going without in other areas of his life and thinks that money grows on trees.
- Saturn Rx – goes without saying; absent male role model in his early development (note: picking a girlfriend without a father indicates cunning)
- Sun-Mercury opposite Uranus-Neptune – a voice for his peers/age group (that’s the hip-hop star that he was chasing).
- Mars square Lunar nodal axis – bound to be on the public stage (not how he thought, as it turns out)
- Venus quindecile Pluto – obsessive intensification of love desires; OTT behaviour in relation to females (potential stalker).
With natal Venus nudging the Lunar South Node as well, this could also indicate the life challenge/karmic element; obsessive/compulsive struggles ahead. This is the crux of the whole issue for this young man. Transiting asteroid Scheila #596 will conjunct his natal Venus while the trio are in Bali on 12th August 2014.
We note that Schaefer’s natal Pluto 22° Scorpio is square his natal Chiron 23° Leo – ominous indeed and even more so when we know that Sheila Mack’s Lunar south node (karma) is at 23° Leo. We also don’t lose sight of the fact that this 23° Leo is exact the ascendant at 6:45am.
As for the bi-wheels (method) we use the same event times as used in Pt.1.
Inner wheels (perspective) are 6:45am (wake-up call booked) and 11:26am (suitcase in the taxi). The outer wheel for each event is the birth chart for Tommy Schaefer.
Just looking at the first bi-wheel, we see the square in the middle formed by tension aspects. Tommy Schaefer is ‘boxed in’ by the transiting Lunar nodal axis of the 2-8th house (self-worth – transformation) together with natal Sun opposite Uranus in the 5-11 axis (giving – receiving creative input; ‘love’).
Translation: This young man is experiencing a traumatic event with an opportunity to transform his low self-worth; an event that is intensified by his ego position of needing what he perceives as ‘love’. He’s boxed in and is unable to see a way out of his situation.
- tr Moon (blue) square natal Venus in 10th house – driving need to improve his public image by being co-operative with the victim (I suggest Sheila rather than Heather because asteroid Scheila is conjunct his natal Venus – see asteroids below).
- tr Mercury (yellow) square natal Pluto – the ability to persuade; attempt to bluff.
With transiting Mercury and natal Pluto both in the Serbian astrologers’ diabolical 22nd degree identifying ‘to kill or be killed’ we have to ask, ‘Is Tommy Schaefer in fear for his own life, or does this aspect identify the killer?’ We immediately note that natal Mars is not in the mix so it appears to be the former at this stage of our enquiry.
- tr Mars in 3td house of communication opposite mid-range natal Moon – strong desire to fulfill needs to ‘let-it-fly; disruptive, hyper-activity. Panic sets in…
- tr Pluto 11°Capricorn = natal Saturn/Pluto – in first chart, 5th house (supporting friends/lovers) in second chart, the 3rd house (communication) – taking the authority/power/leadership role.
- tr Saturn 17°Scorpio = natal Mars/Neptune – in first chart, 3rd house (communication) in second chart, 1st house (self) – being taken advantage of; persevering in spite of fear.
- tr Lunar Nodal axis 21°Libra/21°Aries = natal Mercury/Uranus – 2nd/8th actions in the first chart and 6/12 in the second chart – quick conferences and likely panic.
- tr Heather#3922: 16°Scorpio = Mars/Neptune – ditto with Heather’s input behind his actions (blindly does what the girl wants).
- tr Scheila #596: 09°Gemini conjunct natal Venus – (see above) attempts to be co-operative are of an obsessive nature rather than conciliatory.
The second bi-wheel reveals more to the story. This is at the time that the suitcase is placed in the taxi.
- Natal Moon is at the Descendant – driving need to get out of there
- Lunar South Node is at the cusp of the 8th house (death) – what went around now comes around – he fails to transform his situation now that he is in a public situation.
- Natal Mercury/Saturn = Descendant – the heavy responsibility and plans fail.
Summarising: Schaefer already has tension in his own chart with Saturn square Pluto power/authority-over-self struggles (teenage behaviour not yet matured). When we put his chart together with Sheila Mack (the victim), we can see that they would never have got on.
- His needs (Moon) are inflated by her Jupiter (conjunction) – inflating his inadequancies.
- His Jupiter inflates her Saturn – her personal authority threatened
- Pluto square Pluto – explosive power struggles between them
- His Sun-Uranus opposition is square her Neptune – his erratic behaviour bewilders her.
- His Sun is opposite to her Moon – his ego versus her needs.
Comment: This young man has no respect for his elders.
Noon is used for a mid-range Moon for Heather’s natal chart as well. As a result we again must dismiss the house placements for our first and her natal, chart.
Sun in Libra and Moon in Taurus answers her popularity among her peers; a friendly personality and the ability to put her personality across makes people like her very much. There are clues for us as to her personality traits as this mix tends to look for shortcuts and efficient ways of doing things to avoid wasting energy.
Despite looking for that easy way through life, these individuals have a strong determination to get the job done. Usually in control of their emotional impulses, aesthetic inclinations are strongly marked, giving them a strong interest in art or music.
The Sun-Moon mix might drive the personality, however it is the tension in the chart that creates the disturbances in her character.
Considering that she had a father at home when she was young and that he didn’t die until she was ten years of age, I would not have expected to see a Saturn Rx phenomenon in her natal chart. That now explains why the girl has no concept of boundaries of behaviour – neither parent were good mentors; for whatever reason.
- Sun square Neptune (turquoise) – indicates aesthetic interests; dance, art etc.
- Moon (blue) opposite Mars – drives her personal needs.
- Moon opposite Pluto – me first; note this is the first of the hand grenade warnings if personal needs are not met.
- Uranus square Lunar nodal axis – quick to jump into relationships.
- Saturn quindecile Chiron-Mercury – obsessively authoritarian, disruptive and controlling.
Heather is likely seeking a greater sense of intimacy through conflict with this Saturn-Chiron-Mercury aspect so strong in her chart. It also indicates that she would have a tendency to get caught up in co-dependent relationships, or attract abusive relationships from her partners.
There is certainly a personality disorder/emotional disconnect going on. Note there is also a peregrine Mercury in her natal chart. As for the natal midpoints, we note that this is what she was born with and lives with for her entire life; they are innate in her character.
- Mars/Saturn = Neptune – self-torment about identity; continually feels under threat.
- Saturn/Pluto = Uranus – attack regardless of potential losses
- Saturn/Pluto = Neptune – being doubted; unstable due to inexplicable fears
- Ixion #28978: 28°Scorpio conjunct Pluto – murderous rages based on power/powerlessness; vindictive.
- Bali #770: 9°Capricorn = Saturn/Lunar Node midpoint – destiny awaits in Bali.
At 6:45am Heather Mack’s natal mid-range Moon was overhead at the mid-heaven and natal Pluto was opposite; at the IC. The date doesn’t have any particular relevance to her emotional state other than the Sun’s energy wasn’t working ‘with her needs’.
The transiting Moon is not in tension with her natal planets either, so why did her abuse escalate to participating, or committing murder? We know in the past her violent acts upon her mother have been a one-on-one altercation. Is it different this time because Schaefer is present?
- tr Mercury (yellow) at the ascendant square natal Moon – driving need to place the call to reception.
- tr Mercury square natal Mars in 3rd house of communication – identifies Heather as the likely caller to reception booking the wake-up call.
- tr Uranus opposite natal Sun (orange) in 2nd house – self worth, position in society are behind her actions at this time.
- tr Uranus quindecile natal Venus (pink) in 3rd house – OTT irrational/argumentative
Midpoints interacting with the bi-wheels:
- Natal Venus/Saturn = tr Pluto – wanting control of her own finances/position within her peer group (depending on interpretation of Venus). As Saturn is in the 7th house this likely brings Schaefer into the argument as her ‘partner’.
The addition at 11:26 am, when the couple put the suitcase containing Sheila’s body into the trunk of the taxi, provides one particular midpoint of interest to us.
- tr Moon/Jupiter = natal mid-range Moon – highly excitable; panic even.
- tr Bali #770; 17°Libra exact conjunct Heather’s natal Sun. Just as the Bali placement at the time of her birth (above) indicated that destiny awaited this teenager in Bali, we now have where it comes to fruition.