The accused and husband of the victim Allison Baden-Clay (nee Dickie). He is the first-born son of Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay and elder brother to Olivia and Adam.
The first chart is a natal horoscope with a suggested time of birth – 3.55am. Rectification has been calculated from the age when he moved out of home and away from the direct influence of his parents. Not that he moved far, just from Toowoomba to Brisbane. It wasn’t long before they followed.
Saturn retrograde in the upper hemisphere, lording over the unfinished childhood business in the shadows (opposite hemisphere). As the eldest child, his Virgo Sun and Sagittarius Moon in square aspect tell us that it was more than likely that his mother’s pregnancy wasn’t planned; the honeymoon was over for Nigelaine.
This Sun-Moon combination will settle into jail quite well as they can spend a good part of their life, just daydreaming. The textbook interpretation of ‘his needs and wants in life’ is…
“You are capable of doing things that you probably disapprove of, for the sake of adventure, romance and excitement. The puritan nature, commonly the hallmark of Virgo, may have to look the other way while you accumulate a few experiences. You are definitely not a classic Virgo possessing a narrow and focused mind.
Many of the thoughts that run though your head bear little connection to everyday life. You are surprisingly philosophic and somewhat introspective, but instead of looking inside yourself, you seem to hold preconceived notions of what you are or would like to be.
You can be so idealistic at times that it will be hard for anyone to meet your expectations. Your challenge will always be to control your restlessness and concentrate on things that have true relevancy. You can be very dramatic in all your actions, and you likely have a good talent for acting.
Your use of body language and gestures can clearly communicate. You must be especially careful in this sometimes, and be aware of a tendency toward bluntness in dealing with other people. Often they will take a tactless comment much more personally that you intended it. Human sensitivities are something that you will have some difficulty understanding.”
We know that this man communicated with his daughters by hand gestures, which upset many whom observed this quirkiness. It fits though doesn’t it, once you read the textbook analysis of this Sun-Moon combo. Added to those little gems of wisdom, we consider the tension between the planets in his natal chart.
- Mars conjunct South Node – karmic relationship with his mother discussed at length elsewhere; see scouts honour
- Sun square Moon – see above
- Mercury square Moon – highly opinionated; turns to women for advice.
- Venus at the IC – likely reveals this last aspect as his downfall. He likely turned to too many women for advice…
26th June, 2014 2:52pm, Brisbane: Gerard Baden-Clay takes the stand at his trial.
These pair of bi-wheels have been generated for his time on the stand giving evidence as his defence. The first bi-wheel is at the time he took the oath and the second bi-wheel is the opening of Day 2 of his evidence, still in the hands of his defense counsel. We can generate further charts with the prosecution if called for.
Note: As an interest for astrologers, we have confirmation of the rectified birth time – natal ascendant exact at the MC.
- Sun/Moon midpoint = the cusp of the 8th house – death and transformation. This is the focus of his evidence. All or nothing…
- Tr Sun (orange in the inner wheel) quindecile natal Moon – date on the calendar illuminates his driving needs (note the 1st house placement – self-obsessed)
- Tr Moon opposite natal Moon – the courts needs meets the man’s needs; he is called to the stand.
- Tr Moon square natal Mercury – ditto
- Tr Venus (pink) square natal Lunar nodal axis – called before his peers (Venus) in a public place (nodal axis).
30th June 10am The second bi-wheel is considerably more subdued indicating that he is past his initial nervousness. Natal Moon is now in the 4th house (the heart) indicating that his plea on Monday 30th June will be more likely an appeal from the heart. Not for his children mind you, that’s the 5th house. There’s still a clutter of planets in the 1st house – he’s still absolutely focused on himself.
- Ascendant conjunct natal Mars – the fighting spirit. We can expect him to be more assertive at the beginning of his second day on the stand.
- Ascendant conjunct natal Lunar nodal axis – combined efforts pay off – he’s likely been coached over the weekend.
- Tr Sun (orange) square natal Uranus – this can be a dangerous aspect for the accused as it is suggestive of getting over-excited.
- Tr Mercury (yellow) opposite natal Moon. – improved communication with emotional perception.
7th July 2014 10am (court in session) gives an idea of what’s ahead for the day.
- Moon is conjunct GBC’s Jupiter and Venus – that would be the plea for ‘justice’ to the jury; by the defense.
The next major conjunction by the Moon is Wednesday morning, 9th July.
- Moon will be conjunct his natal Neptune. Neptune represents hidden matters and hidden places such as jails… let’s hope it is a transfer from remand into the main prison for GBC, or at the least, that he is he attempting to hide under a rock….
At 11:52am on Tuesday 15th July 2014, following a trial by a jury of a dozen of his peers, Gerard Baden-Clay was unanimously found guilty of the murder of his wife Allison Baden-Clay. In Queensland, a life sentence is a mandatory 20 years. Having already been held on remand for two years, he will be eligible to apply for parole mid-year 2027.