How dare an Aussie poke her nose into American politics!! Can I use the excuse that I’m giving the astrology a test run in preparation for our own Federal election in 2016!!
Mundane astrology is the study of how the changing positions of the Sun, Moon and planets impact on world events. This is best done using the horoscopes of nations. Astrology uses models of reality according to ancient traditions; no longer considered mainstream. It may be old hat, however oftentimes the hat fits, funnily enough.
Am out of my demographic niche; ‘profiling of criminals and victims’ with this enquiry, however… Mundane astrology is no mundane thing. I may not use a traditional astrology approach to the study of political elections, however many roads lead to Washington. My reasoning? There are differing astrology positions in relation to which is the correct American national horoscope.
Was the signing of the Declaration of Independence at 4:50pm on 4th July 1776 in Philadelphia or was it …? For us, it matters not, as we will construct our enquiry around the candidates’ birth data together with the Ingress charts for 2016. The time on our Gregorian calendar when the Cardinal Points align under the shadow of the United States Capitol, Washington, District of Columbia.
The word ingress comes from the Latin Ingressus, to ‘go in’ or ‘enter’. The chart of the Aries ingress is drawn for the moment that the Sun enters the very first minute of that sign, which is the beginning of a new cycle for the Sun. A general rule in traditional astrology is that if the ascendant of the ingress chart is in a moveable (cardinal) sign the chart remains valid for three months only, and it is necessary to draw further charts for the Sun’s entry into Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. If the ascendant is in a common (mutable) sign the chart remains valid for six months, and the Sun’s ingress into Libra should be used for the remaining half of the year. Author – Martin Davis
Reference: The reference guidelines available on the public record at skyscript.co.uk. We shall base our enquiry on these guidelines, however we accept responsibility for any and all interpretation. That, together with our experience in the international world of crime and human behaviour, is our starting point.
As my focus is on the weaknesses in characters and incidents, my choice of astrology aspects is that which requires human behaviour to overcome, or fall by the wayside. This same approach will be my initial view as I generate the first Ingress chart for the Aries Point in Washington, District of Columbia. It occurs at 12:32am on 20th March 2016. We are in the spotlight of the total solar eclipse of less than a fortnight earlier; the significance is not lost on us.
Noted from above guidelines: The ascendant of the 2016 Aries Ingress chart is 3:17°Sagittarius (a mutable zodiac sign) and so we now know that one further Ingress chart will be required. The Libra Ingress in September will cover the period up to and including the election.
In astrology interpretation, the angles are all-important and so we note the planet Mars is conjunct the ascendant; in the first house at 4:36°Sagittarius indicating that the focus is likely to be on the military, guns, threat of terrorist attacks and of course it follows that political opponents will also be on the attack.
Next step is where the Aries Sun and Leo Moon meet – the struggle for a fiery balance of ‘wants’ versus ‘needs’ – 11:13°Gemini; a mental realm. This reveals a need for candidates to speak their truth. Make a mental note to follow the transits that interact by tension with this point in the heavens during the next 6months. Speech-writers, take note…
- The 00°Aries Sun is in the 4th house (the homeland) this Sun also refers to the incumbent President – he’ll be busy handling house-keeping and family values.
- 23:17°Leo Moon is in the 9th house – public need to hear from the candidates… matters of a higher meaning – i.e. religion, international status; the law, higher education etc. Not in-fighting.
- Mercury 26:26°Pisces represents the media, press etc. Again we are in the 4th house in-house delegates.
- Venus 9:36°Pisces in the 3rd house – communication. Women’s issues are big on the agenda. As Neptune is just one degree away the two planetary energies are intertwined. This is not a time for hidden-agendas or pretty speeches. Diplomatic resolutions; family values and women’s health will all be high in the priority of most candidates.
- 9th house Jupiter 16:48 Rx Virgo continues to accompany the Lunar Nodal Axis as they straddle the midheaven – the high profile yet conservative public image; interest in the nation’s stockpile of wealth in more ways than gold reserves. Count your blessings, yet refrain from bragging about it (retrograde).
- 16:23°Saturn in the 1st house will bring the focus onto potential physical health epidemics (e.g. mosquito-borne viruses); of primary producers and the threat of the grim reaper. Death… Venus-Saturn and Neptune join forces demanding a big push for women; those whom will deliver the next generation. I think you get the idea.
- Uranus 19:17°Aries creates political tension between the parties; fascism raises its head on the negative side of the camp, while the Aries influence ignites childhood developmental research (5th house). Uranus certainly creates a buzz, whatever it’s role. Uranus drags everyone kicking and screaming into addressing 21st century politicking.
- Neptune 10:15°Pisces is in the 3rd house; media home base – the wheeling and dealing on the campaign trail. Don’t believe everything your read, or see in the media.
- Pluto at 17:16°Capricorn remains in the 2nd house of the nation’s wealth. We know that this monetary cycle will continue to have ups and downs until Pluto not only reaches the cusp of Aquarius in 2020, but therein the revolution. Wall Street will be abuzz for many, many years yet.
So what of the tension in this chart? Saturn symbolism will be the midpoint of Neptune/North Node. Win at any cost will not rule the day; relationships will end; candidates de-camp and an overall loss of favour result from other’s agendas. This does not bode well. Anyone whom uses eg the viral threat – as a fear tactic, will bring down others whom do not deserve to be tarred by the same brush.
That takes us to September 2016 and the push to the election. This Libra Ingress chart will cover the period from 22nd September forward. Again we address the tension in this period in relation to the selection of candidates rather than the election itself.
This astrology chart indicates the intensity with four astrology house cusps. The most serious is which is immediately overhead; the 19:56°Leo mid-heaven (blue highlight), however the degree of tension; a sextile (60degrees) interprets in a positive sense – the popular vote; Moon at 19:28°Gemini becomes involved and the selection of party leader will be made during this time period as we would expect.
- The Gemini Moon and 12:37°Virgo Lunar North Node create a midpoint with destiny; The Arabian Part of Fortuna at 01:24°Leo. This is in the 9th house of ‘higher causes’. One could suggest that destiny awaits.
The second cusp that requires our attention is the 11:56°Taurus turquoise highlighted cusp of the 7th house (open enemies); again this is a sextile with the planet Neptune at 10:06°Pisces. The candidates have been whittled down and the eliminated depart.
- Of a more serious nature is the tension of Saturn at 11:03°Sagittarius (personal integrity) at the 2nd house cusp 11:09°Sagittarius – the stock exchange and national wealth. The Lunar North Node is also creating a midpoint with Neptune at this cusp. The classic interpretation of this midpoint is that of ‘potential loss through others; the end of relationships.’ Nothing more than we would expect at this point of the race. We also note the Moon’s interest by reflecting her light; illuminating this process.
- The Moon in the 8th house of death and transformation is also illuminating (by opposition) 26:56°Sagittarius Mars in the 2nd house – some opinion on the assets evaporating beyond their control.
- Cusp of the 3rd house 14:33°Capricorn carries finances into the media’s realm and the heavy-weight Pluto Rx 14:56°Capricorn – keeping a tight rein on the financial sector.
- Moon/Saturn=Mercury-Node indicates a problem getting the message across for the numbers to come out of their homes and vote.
work in progress