This 21 year-old was given the name of August Kirby Caleb Vogeler by his parents, however friends called him ‘Augie’. When his body was recovered a month following his disappearance, it appeared that he had been moved more than twice following his death.
Someone obviously didn’t want it to be known where he had died. That and a second person whom wanted his body to lie in hallowed ground, not lie in the trash where he had originally been dumped.
This suggests to me that he at least didn’t die alone, which is some compensation, however it doesn’t supply answers for those whom loved him. We have been asked to make a forensic astrology enquiry into his death. If we can bring any enlightenment, we will.
Forensic astrology is a pseudo science and can only be considered to be opinion. We allow the heavens to have their input by interpreting interplanetary tension between the transiting planets at a given point in time together with the natal chart of a victim.
August Kirby Caleb Vogeler had a mouthful of a name; friends called him Augie. Californian by birth and Texan by life experience, Augie was born on 19th June 1990. He was last seen in San Antonio at 4pm 1st February 2012. That is our event time.
An autopsy on his body suggested his death as having occurred on 29th February and that date is inscribed as that of his passing, however we can view his death through our lens, particularly so as we have a clock-time to work with.
Our first chart is his nativity; natal horoscope. Even though we are not privy to his time of birth we can view the chart in a general sense particularly as we do not know anything about this 21 year-old; his life, or the circumstances of his death; or any aftermath of the event.
We seek out weaknesses due to planetary placements at the time of his birth; anything that may enlighten circumstances that may have led to his demise. The house placements and angles cannot be interpreted without a time of birth. Natal Moon is mid-range (noon).
This chart is a variance on our usual method as we have elected to include some asteroids with our computer software layout. Don’t ask me, why I’ve prepared an ‘aspect with asteroids’ chart on this occasion. You get a feel for this line of work that leads to us following our intuition/gut instinct.
When we look at the aspects under tension, the first thing that attracts us is the Lunar nodal axis forming a square when we include asteroid Vesta and asteroid Juno on the date of his birth.
- Vesta is at 6°Taurus and Taurus is ruled by Venus so think in terms of ‘vestal virgins’
- Juno is at 9°Scorpio. Juno is about one’s preferences in a partner and Scorpio is about sex so ‘hot in the bedroom’ would be his preference.
Vestal virgins and hot sex = an oxymoron. So let’s put that together with a Lunar nodal axis and we have a ‘boxed-in’ aspect for this young man in relation to sexual performance. From this, I can suggest that at the least we have a homosexual young male, whom probably has even more complicated issues in relation to his sexuality. The Vesta aspect may even indicate a potential trans-sexual on this occasion; a girl in a boy’s body. Whatever his preferences, there is considerable conflict in his sexuality.
His natal Mars in 14°Aries square to Neptune, indicates a strong need for subterfuge of his maleness/lack-of, together with a likely dose of addictive substances to support the quandary, or as Deb suggests ‘a bit rough’.
We have barely scratched the surface and we are already thinking, ‘Where is the asteroid Ganymede in this chart?’ The ancient Greeks were big on male homosexuality and Ganymede (the myth) is the archetypal beautiful young human male in Greco/Roman mythology. The asteroid Ganymede #1036 is at 29:45°Gemini conjunct his natal Sun. Is anyone surprised? I doubt it.
- Sun (orange) quindecile Neptune (turquoise) – obsession with hiding his true self.
- Saturn quindecile Lunar South Node – self-control in public is hinted at, however this is the South node so we know that this is a karmic situation.
- Venus (pink) quindecile Juno – likely supporting the trans-sexual theory
- Jupiter (green) is exact conjunct Chiron – indicating those open wounds of excess; possibly drug abuse as well, when we consider these aspects together.
- Venus (pink) is conjunct the fixed star Algol – this does not bode well either as it brings in the Greek myth of Perseus killing the gorgon, Medusa. Symbolically – losing one’s head.
The next chart takes us to interpretation of a bi-wheel (method) pulling together the natal chart with a specific point in time.
We know that Augie’s last known sighting was at 4pm on 1st February 2012 so we can generate a bi-wheel from the 4pm perspective. We can also generate a bi-wheel for the official date of death as per the autopsy. It will add to the story and hopefully give us some finality.
We have three house cusps in the mix immediately with natal Jupiter (green) at the ascendant and Lunar nodal axis at the 2-8th house cusps. His demise is already set when he went out that afternoon. I would even go so far as to say that the ‘drama queen’ said he was going to kill himself, however he would have likely pulled this stunt before and no-one believed him.
- Jupiter conjunct ascendant – inflated sense of self
- Lunar nodal axis conjunct 8th house cusp (death and transformation) – bodes a traumatic death ahead particular so because…
- natal Mercury (yellow) is in conjunction as well – ‘he said so’ (Mercury represents communication)
- tr Saturn quindecile natal Mars – grim reaper activated; likely obsession with death
- tr Pluto conjunct natal Uranus – tremendous intensification of ego awareness
The second bi-wheel brings the asteroid Ganymede from Augie’s natal chart into our interpretation. When he was born, the position of Ganymede in the heavens was 29:45°Gemini conjunct his Sun. We then learn that on the official date of his death transiting Mercury (communication) was off-sided. It is appropriate that this date is honored. Augie Vogeler’s voice was not to be heard again.
The rest of the aspects in this second chart add to the story, however I leave that for others to interpret if they wish. Let your troubled soul rest in peace, Augie.