Salvaging the brand, Blade Runner…
South Africa abolished jury trials in 1969, while the country was under apartheid, due to fears of racial prejudice by white jurors. Judge Dunstan Mlambo, sitting at Pretoria High Court where Oscar Pistorius’ trial is due to begin on the 3rd March 2014, said that broadcasting the proceedings would go a long way to dispelling the perception that the ‘rich and poor’ were treated differently by the country’s justice system.
The court has allowed the installation of small, fixed cameras that will provide a live-broadcast of the lawyers’ opening and closing arguments, the evidence of experts plus the judgement and sentencing comments made by the trial judge.
In the early hours of 14 February 2013, Oscar Pistorius shot Reeva Steenkamp four times through a locked toilet door at his villa. Three of the bullets hit her, piercing her skull and shattering her right elbow and hip bones.
The defense is that Oscar mistook his girlfriend for an intruder; that he did not shoot her intentionally.
By the time paramedics and police arrived, Reeva Steenkamp was dead, her body removed from the scene of the shooting; covered with bloody towels. The perpetrator had broken the golden rule at a crime scene – Pistorius had moved the body from where the victim had been shot.
We believe the initial phone call for help to a neighbour was at 3:20am. That gave the Blade Runner PR machine plenty of time to swing into action, before the police and paramedics arrived.
As is our regular practice we generate bi-wheels and interpret planetary aspects. Astrology is a pseudo science and not accepted in a court of law; is subjective in its search for answers.
For this enquiry we use the time of 4:15am Valentine’s Day, 2013 Pretoria, South Africa for interpretation. It is not intended to be a suggested time of death for Reeva Steenkamp; this enquiry is related to the aftermath of her demise.
4:15am reveals an ascendant at 3°Aquarius; self-control of communication is needed at this point of the zodiac. Is this an indication of Oscar Pistorius needing to control the communication; ie the circumstances around the crime?
There is a primary midpoint present here as well at 3°Aquarius; transiting Sun-Pluto = Ascendant. This indicates sudden prominence of ego and as we know, any aspect between the Sun and Pluto indicates a blanket over a hand-grenade – an emotive response that can explode very easily.
The second midpoint is Sun-Neptune = 2nd house cusp (self-worth) – a sense of ego loss; befuddlement.
- Jupiter (green) in the 5th house quindecile Lunar nodal axis in the 10th – inflated public image.
- Aries Moon (blue), the controller is also in quindecile aspect to the career house cusp – careers are very much uppermost on the motivation/needs. Image is everything for both of these individuals.
- Moon in the 3rd house is also square Pluto – a mental power struggle is likely.
- Transit Sun (orange) represents the date on the calendar; square Lunar nodal axis – identifying the traumatic event in the public arena.
- Asteroid Chiron is conjunct 9°Pisces Mars – healing of self-worth issues perhaps. This will require further analysis.
And so what difference is there between this time-frame of 4:15am and that of an hour earlier? The action at 3:20am would have all been in the 2nd house; self-worth and money and earlier still, a likely communication break-down. By 4:15am it is now time to save the brand; Blade Runner.
Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp: Born Capetown (Kaapstad), South Africa 19th August, 1983.
This is our first bi-wheel (method) with the inner wheel a snapshot of the heavens over Pretoria at 4:15am (as used above) and the outer-wheel is a noon birth chart for Reeva Steenkamp.
At 4:15am, Reeva Steenkamp’s natal Pluto in 27°Libra is conjunct the 28°Libra Mid-heaven – plus this also gives us natal Mars at the Descendant 3°Leo. We therefore have good reason to use this as our event time.
- Transiting Sun/Pluto = ascendant (this aspect is common to all participants, however affects each person individually). In the case of this biwheel, natal Moon is also in the mix. The emotion remains in the 12th house of the mind, however the midpoint is heightened by this aspect; the victim’s driving need. This indicates sudden prominence of the victim’s driving needs; an emotional outburst. She needs recognition – NOW.
- Transiting Pluto conjunct Moon in the 12th house – intensity of emotions.
- Transiting Jupiter/Saturn = natal Sun – opportunities carefully evaluated. Due to house placements we have to ask, has this relationship been a career move for Reeva?
- Transiting Sun (orange) opposite natal Sun – ego focus and recognition of her position in the relationship.
Did Reeva Steenkamp make a habit of removing herself from confrontation, in order to release her emotions?
Oscar Leonard Carl Pistorius: Born Pretoria, South Africa 22nd November 1986 at 10:30am
Immediately we note the weight of planets on the left-hand side of the chart. This is indicative of a person who is holding no prisoners; no negotiation; no compromise. There is no vulnerability here and no putting others before oneself.
The following is the statement as reported by the media. Note that I have highlighted the parts that do not fit with the astrology. The only section that does, is the last paragraph (with the cricket bat).
(Early that morning, Oscar said, he had gotten up to close his sliding glass doors and heard a noise in the bathroom.)
I felt a sense of terror rushing over me. There are no burglar bars across the bathroom window and I knew that contractors who worked at my house had left ladders outside. Although I did not have my prosthetic legs on I have mobility on my stumps. I believed that someone had entered my house. I was too scared to switch a light on. I grabbed my 9mm pistol from underneath my bed. On my way to the bathroom I screamed … for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police. It was pitch dark in the bedroom and I thought Reeva was in bed….
It filled me with horror and fear of an intruder or intruders being inside the toilet. I thought he or they must have entered through the unprotected window. As I did not have my prosthetic legs on and felt extremely vulnerable, I knew I had to protect Reeva and myself I felt trapped as my bedroom door was locked and I have limited mobility on my stumps. I fired shots at the toilet door and shouted to Reeva to phone the police. She did not respond.
When he finally realized that Reeva was not in the bed, he said, he tried the toilet door. It was locked. He grabbed his cricket bat “to bash open the toilet door” and found her.
I must comment that this bi-wheel is not the chart I would expect to see of a man who has been disturbed by the sound of an intruder, nor that of a man who was vulnerable; the chart indicates assertiveness. (If we are to check an hour earlier it is no less so.) This astrology is absolutely focused on this man’s natal Mars.
With an Aquarius ascendant together with the Sun, Moon and Mars in fixed signs, Oscar Pistorius is most likely a tunnel-visioned individual. That works well if you have goals in place and are a competitive athlete, however it doesn’t work for you when it comes to negotiating a relationship, or the emotional needs of a partner.
Mars in any of the Air signs are generally quite clever at getting what they want; in Aquarius, they are particularly adept at manipulation. Combine willfulness with the cleverness of an Air sign, and you have a person who is quite creative about getting what they want, which generally is getting their way.
While being in Aquarius is not an overtly aggressive position of Mars, it is very willful and how do we identify wilfulness? Have a look at his jaw… Oscar Pistorius’ jaw would be set, I would imagine. Under stress there are bound to be signs of clenching of his jaw. I suggest that we watch his body language during the trial coverage.
- Transiting Sun/Pluto = ascendant (this aspect is common to both participants, however it affects each person individually). In the case of this bi-wheel, natal Mars is also in the mix. Action of the ego is in the picture; the midpoint is heightened by this aspect; the perpetrator’s action together with 7th house cusp natal Moon.
This aspect indicates sudden prominence of his ego’s wants and driving needs in the relationship being driven by his taking action. I can understand the argument in relation to an intruder as a defense for his action, however the chart does not substantiate the argument. The action of shooting is personal (1st house).
- Transit Pluto/Saturn = natal Saturn in 11th house – the threat of loss of self-control in the search for affection from another.
- Transit Pluto/Moon (blue) in 3rd house = natal Mars in 1st house – frustration and anger communicated (this can also indicate the reason for shooting ie communicating with a gun).
- Transit Venus (pink)/Mars (and Chiron) = natal Mars in 1st house – addressing rejection/abandonment issues (perhaps indirectly related to mother’s death when he was 15).
- Transit Sun (orange) conjunct natal Mars in 1st house – ego drive to take action.
- Transit Mercury (yellow) in 2nd house conjunct natal Jupiter (green) – self-worth communication.
- Transit Jupiter (green) quindecile natal Uranus – the big break, moving on to greener pastures.
- Natal Moon conjunct descendant – his driving needs are ‘on the line’.
If any of us had happened to visit the Delphi oracle, she would have told us that ‘blood will be spilled on Valentine’s Day, 2013’.
To understand the significance of Nessus in astrology, we need to know a little about the Greek myth.
When Hercules was taking his bride Dejaneira home, he had to cross the Evenus River. Nessus, a centaur – served as the ferryman. First he rowed Hercules across and then, as he started to row Dejaneira across, he tried to rape her. Hercules, justly enraged, drew one of his poisoned arrows and shot the centaur. Before Nessus died, the centaur persuaded Dejnaeira to take some of his blood to use as a love potion should Hercules ever be cause for concern in the romance stakes.
In time, Dejaneira became suspicious of Hercules’ interest in another woman, so she smeared some of the carefully-saved centaur blood on a tunic and gave it to Hercules, trusting that it would act as a love potion and return her husband to her.
However Nessus had lied. The blood contained not a love potion, but a powerful toxin from the poison with which Hercules had tipped his arrows. This brought about the demise of the great Heracles. So Nessus is a dangerous asteroid when it comes to interpretation. He is often in detriment in the charts of abusers of women.
- On the day that Reeva Steenkamp was born, Nessus (the abuser) was at 7°Leo, conjunct her masculine symbol, Mars. She will likely have had more than her fair share of men who were abuser types, knocking at her door. Note that abusers come in many guises, as there are many forms of abuse.
- And not to be alone, the asteroid Valentine is in conjunction as well at 6°Leo, so the romeos would have also likely to have come with boxes of chocolates and bunches of flowers.
- Asteroid Narcissus (the boy who loved his own reflection) is there with Nessus as well at 3°Leo. if all that’s not an omen for Reeva to stay home on Valentine’s Day, I don’t know what is. We have no need to visit Delphi.
Note also that the descendant at 4:15am on Valentine’s Day 2013, is conjunct Reeva’s natal Narcissus 3°Leo (on the day she was born).
It was the boy who loved his own reflection who ferried Reeva across the river Styx.
- Not to be left out of the picture, on the day that Oscar Pistorius was born, asteroid Nessus was at 5°Virgo; conjunct Reeva’s natal Venus – there will be blood spilled between these two.
- Oscar Pistorius’ natal Moon is also conjunct Reeva’s natal Narcissus at 3°Leo. Oscar is her pretty boy.
Nessus has one last input: On the opening day of the trial, 3rd March 2014, Nessus will again be conjunct Oscar’s natal Mars at 28°Aquarius so he will get to live it; all over again.
The seated Ethiopian Queen; the fixed star Rucha in the constellation of Cassiopeia is found at longitude 16°Taurus. Could this be the judge, Justice Thokozile Matilda Masipa?
Our enquiry continues – Oscar Pistorius, on trial.