… the next generation.
If he’d stuck to la famiglia, none of this would have happened. That boy never listened, no matter how often I told him. And what does he do – he goes into business with that jamook, Higgs. That would never have happened in the old country. Mama, mia!
I know that blood is thicker than water, Francesco, but this is taking things too far, mate. I mean, really… Let me explain.
It wasn’t a good idea for your son to choose Signorina Barbaro as his wife and potential mother of your grandchildren. What were you thinking? Did you give them your blessing?
I mean you are his father and also her uncle so the couple are first cousins to start with; her father is your brother is he not? Plus we know that your wife, Pasquale’s mother is also her daughter-in-law’s aunt; the children’s mothers are sisters. Whoa!
Their mothers are sisters and their fathers are brothers and they are going to have children together… hello???
You are really muddying the waters; mucking up the gene pool, Francesco. Anyone who keeps a stud-book will tell you this a no-no. Did the church give special dispensation or did you slip them a fat wad of notes?
Heaven help those who live in grass castles.
Half an hour before dawn on a cold winter’s morning in Tharbogang, outside Griffith, New South Wales, Francesco protested against four Australian Federal Police officers’ entry, “I don’t know anything about drugs. Leave me alone.”
What a joke! This is the man named in the Woodward Royal Commission as one of the players in the Australian Mafia; a major grower and harvester of marijuana and part of the Calabrian plot to murder anti-drugs campaigner, Donald Mackay some thirty years ago.
Francesco Barbaro was top of the family tree; el padrino, some would say and he claims not to know anything about drugs?
I plan to share that forensic astrology enquiry another day, but for now we have to admit, no, Francesco “Little Trees” Barbaro is not involved in what went down today, as it happens.
His son Pasquale is the villain in the piece this time. Like father, like son. You know, the one whose mother and father were a bit thicker than first cousins. How do I know that Pasquale’s old man is telling the truth? The heavens told me so…
This drug-bust and aftermath is an astrologer’s dream. Taking a snapshot of the planets orbiting in the heavens at those moments in time, puts a smile on my dial.
Because we use the astrologer’s zodiac as a backdrop in order to measure the tension between these planets, I have to tell you that this is a forensic astrology enquiry, is a pseudo science and not accepted in a court of law. The interpretation is from classic astrology and the toolkit is readily available to all.
However let me begin at the beguine. We need to travel south from the Riverina to Melbourne and join Customs officers as a shipping container lands on the docks; a shipping container of tinned tomatoes from Italy; the basis for every good spaghetti sauce.
Out with the can opener and lo and behold we have 4.4 tonnes of MDMA, Ecstacy tabs. The outlay was $10 million for the drug syndicate and the street value; a squillion at a guess. In 2007 it was the world’s largest haul of illegal MDMA.
AFP did a brilliant sting and replaced the E-tabs with harmless tabs and released the shipment. It didn’t take long before phone-taps caught the frantic syndicate arguing among themselves both in Australia and overseas.
Brother against brother; Barbaro against Barbaro. Pasquale even came close to killing Fedele D’Amico, blaming him for the deal going sour. Don’t worry Pasquale copped that charge as well, once the whole lot fell over.
If we put aside the other members of the syndicate and stick with a couple of Riverina players for our enquiry, we have:
- the date of the Customs discovery of the first shipment
- the birth dates of Pasquale Barbaro and also his cousin Saverio Zirilli.
Not knowing the exact time of the discovery by Customs, we must ignore the angles of the bi-wheels, however the planets will tell us whether these two were involved with the importation of these drugs – method.
- Lunar nodal axis – the public exposure is exact conjunct Pasquale Barbaro’s planet Pluto, his power base (red). If that isn’t pulling the rug out from under his feet, nothing is.
- Sun-Mercury has transited to square natal Venus.
Venus represents the family and the Sun-Mercury conjunction is the day that the date and communication planets got together. I’d suggest there had to be a tip-off as to why this particular consignment was inspected on this particular day and that it came from within the family – the heavens say so.
As to Saverio Zirilli, his chart is jumping up and down considerably more.
- Transiting Pluto (red) is square natal Jupiter (green) this fellow’s very cocky about this shipment; the anticipation factor is high.
- Transiting Jupiter (green in the inner wheel) inflates natal Mercury – that’s more of the same – he’s verbalising/mouthing-off his anticipation, big time.
- The Moon (blue) is conjunct natal Saturn – his authority needs are fulfilled.
- Transiting Mars (action) opposite turquoise highlighted Neptune (drugs) and Venus (‘the family’). We can suggest that Zirilli believed that this shipment would take him up the family heirarchy
Snakes and ladders more likely, Zirilli…
The information of the first shipment was never released to the media as the undercover operation continued. The AFP waited and listened until another shipment by the same syndicate landed the following year, this time coffee beans and cocaine; 150 kgs of cocaine.
- This time Pasquale Barbaro has Mercury (yellow on the inner wheel), the planet of communication intersecting his Lunar nodal axis. This is your 15 minutes of fame on the stage Pasquale.
- Turquoise coloured Neptune (drugs) in the inner wheel is also exact in this conjunction. A perfect day for a drug bust – Mercury opposite Neptune.
I couldn’t have lined the planets up better myself. Every planet in the inner wheel has an interaction with another and a story to tell of their own… the heavens are on the side of the good guys, it seems.
Zirilli is not as cocky as he was, however the bust has still come as a surprise.
- The time of the bust (the ascendant) conjuncts his natal planet Uranus (red) creating sudden changes. Did he think he was going to get away with it?
- The Moon is also square natal Uranus. Needs change Zirilli – change of diet to porridge, mate.
- Pluto transits to create tension with natal Jupiter (green) – if that’s not a deflation of his balloon then nothing is.
These Riverina boys were off their patch. Pasquale Barbaro had made a very big mistake. Wanting to be the next el padrino, he had gone into business with the bikie gang founder, John Higgs and not kept the deal within la famiglia. For that he got 30 years without parole; Zirilli, a slightly lesser charge. One year down, 29 to go Pasquale…
As for Francesco – he spoke the truth on this occasion. The heavens would have us believe that Francesco Barbaro was not involved with the coffee importation and we know he would never do business with a bikie.
It’s just not the way it was done in the old days.
Francesco might be keeping tight-lipped, but this bi-wheel tells us all we need to know…
- The date of the bust, the Sun (orange) is square to Francesco’s natal Uranus. There sure are sudden changes within your family today, Francesco. Your son Pasquale is off to jail.
- Transiting Mars (action) is exact the midpoint of natal Neptune (drugs) Mercury (communication). You can bet your bottom dollar el padrino had forewarning of the AFP’s visit.
- The ascendant is also showing us the exact midpoint of Pluto and Venus in Francesco’s natal wheel. Half an hour before sunrise when four AFP officers interviewed Francesco Barbaro, the family ties were broken; power evaporated in the pre-dawn mist.
The heavens invariably have the last word – the power of la famiglia has been broken.