The chief medical examiner has said the ammunition was the type designed to break up inside a victim’s body and inflict the maximum amount of damage, tearing apart bone and tissue. If that’s any compensation, at least we know that Adam Lanza’s victims would have died quickly.
I doubt that there is a person on the planet who hasn’t heard of this tragedy already; it remains for me to set the scene in preparation for a forensic astrology enquiry. We are in Newtown, Connecticut. There are two crime scenes; Sandy Hook Elementary School and the home of the killer, Adam Lanza.
His mother, Nancy was his first victim when the 20-year-old began his rampage. He then took three of her guns and drove her black Honda Civic to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he killed 20 young children and six adults before shooting himself in the head.
We have birth data on all victims as well as the killer together with two locations and a clock time of when the killing spree began, 9.35am 14th December, 2012. This is more than enough to look for answers in the heavens; to make a forensic astrology enquiry.
The 20 year-old would appear to have had an a-social history and from what I’ve researched, had mental problems as well. Perhaps he was diagnosed as bi-polar or worse; it is not for us to question, however we know from common sense, that to commit the crime that he did, would require mental aberration. Drawing up our first pair of bi-wheels from the perspective of ‘the event’ and comparing the birth wheel of Adam Lanza and his mother Nancy Lanza, we can see what the heavens have to say; the planetary ‘make-up’.
On the left the bi-wheel (the inner wheel) is the time when the school shooting started and the outer wheel is the birth chart of Adam Lanza. Two snapshots of the planetary positions on two different dates; the inner wheel 14th December, 2012 and the outer wheel 22nd April, 1992.
We could suggest that the interaction between the planets is the astrological atmosphere of the event.
The right hand bi-wheel is the same inner wheel, whereas the outer wheel is the birth chart of the killer’s first victim, his mother Nancy Lanza. Again we can question the symbology of the planetary line-up; or some would say enquire of Nancy Lanza’s, fate. But first we ask questions of her younger son, 20 year-old Adam, a killer of innocent women and children.
Highlighted in blue are the planets of note of the event and highlighted in red are the planetary positions of the natal wheel of Adam Lanza. We have followed this system throughout.
Note: The inner wheel is always the event and the outer wheel, the person in question.
In forensic astrology we look for the positions of the planets Pluto and Saturn first. Pluto (God of the Underworld) is a death indicator and Saturn is that hooded character carrying a scythe, Father Time; the symbol of it’s time to meet one’s maker.
And so to the business of the forensic astrology, a pseudo science enquiry; this is not presented as scientific fact. The analysis is pure astrology.
- Pluto and Saturn are in square aspect. Death and Time are at a heightened awareness of tension.
- The Moon is conjunct Pluto in the 12th house (the mind). The emotional driver is Death although Time is pressing (in tension).
- Mars is also in the 12th house conjunct the ascendant. The mind is probably ‘exploding’.
Adam Lanza and the event:
- 9th house Saturn transit opposite 3rd house Sun, holding up the mirror. This is his way to communicate his cause, his ‘higher meaning’. Does he believe that to take all these lives is his calling; that this is his time? Is this 20 year-old hearing voices in his head?
- Transiting Uranus conjunct natal Mercury. This could confirm the above; Uranus (sudden changes) and Mercury (communication)
- The Nodal axis conjunct Pluto. His death is in the public arena.
- Natal Saturn is in the 1st house (personality) hidden in Aquarius swinging between tradition and modernity.
- Natal Uranus conjunct Neptune in the 12th house (the mind). Sudden changes, fantasy (note: throughout his life). Mental instability can be at question as this conjunction is also under pressure from transiting Mars and the Moon as well as the midpoint.
Astrologically, we are deep in the realm of the unreal, a fantasy.
Note the red line angle intersecting the natal Saturn of Adam Lanza as this has the added significance of pointing the way to his other victim, at home; a direct angle from the location of the school to his home address.
Nancy Lanza and the event:
- The Moon conjunct natal Saturn. A heightened awareness of responsibilities. Was the Moon’s influence creating a situation in which Adam was too much to handle?
- Sun conjunct natal Jupiter and opposite Mars. The heightened focus is on the tendency to turn a blind eye to impulsive behaviour. Was there warning signs that her son’s irrational behaviour was more heightened than normal?
- Saturn conjunct Neptune. Responsibilities overrule dreams. Time presses on fantasy. The clock is ticking on higher education possibilities.
- Uranus conjunct natal Moon and opposite natal Venus. Changeability of dependence. Was Nancy looking for independence from Adam; respite from his emotional needs? (That would follow if she was considering sending him back to college.)
- Neptune quindecile Nodal axis conjunct Sun. Did young Nancy have a dream that she would be the focus of public attention one day? (Sun conjunct Nodal axis) When she was a child, did Nancy sense that she was destined for fame? Neptune (fantasy) has turned this dream into infamy, the flip side of the ‘fame coin’.
Pluto has no tension aspect in Nancy’s chart (Saturn is sextile), which I would trust indicates that ‘she didn’t see her death coming’. R.I.P. Nancy Lanza.
The children and their teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School however, did see him coming. Twenty-six beautiful human beings died at the school. We can’t look at all their wheels and so I have selected a random few children with varying dates of birth for contrast and one teacher, for us to study. That is all one person can bear to face and interpret.
In birth order: Victoria Soto 4th November, 1985; Josephine Gay 11th December, 2005; Charlotte Bacon 22nd February, 2006, Noah Pozner 20th November 2006.
Victoria’s beloved black Labrador, Roxie will not romp with her mistress again.
- Saturn in the heavens, at the time of her death, is exact conjunct her Nodal axis; her time has come to be on the public stage and her Sun stands by to highlight her passing.
- Sun/Saturn=MC. Fulfillment of her life purpose, at the cusp of the 12th house – her career. She is with her charges in death as in life.
- Venus transit exact conjunct Saturn. Her ‘children’ are her responsibility at this time.
- Mercury exact conjunct Mercury. Her voice is heard throughout her environment. Note: Victoria will leave a legacy, we know not what, as yet.
- Uranus transit in opposition to natal Mars. Volatility and male energy. Sudden changes stopping her in her tracks; she is unable to take evasive action.
R.I.P. Victoria Soto, courage personified.
- Transiting Saturn conjunct natal Jupiter and opposite to her natal Mars. Jupiter inflates what it touches. Josephine had time to call warning very loudly.
- Transiting Venus conjunct natal Mercy. Again we have Josephine calling out with her voice to the other children (Venus)… Our little heroine is warning the other children. Was it, “Quickly! Run, hide”?
- The Sun was at 23 degrees Sagittarius on 14th December, 2012 just minutes off exact conjunction to Josephine’s Pluto. Her time to leave an earthly life had come.
- Venus conjunct Ascendant. Her fellow children were her focus rather than herself.
R.I.P. Josephine Gay, heroine.
Charlotte Bacon’s favourite colour is pink. Charlotte never met an animal she didn’t love and since the age of two wanted to be a veterinarian.
- Transiting Uranus exact to the degree, intersects the natal Nodal axis. Charlotte was to experience sudden changes in a public arena.
- Mars on the day, was conjunct her Venus and in quindecile aspect to her Saturn. Mars quindecile Saturn is taking responsibility very seriously
- Charlotte is like Josephine, in that the other children’s safety was her focus, with Venus so close to her ascendant.
R.I.P Charlotte Bacon, heroine.
Noah Pozner is survived by a twin; a twin sister who was in another class at the same school. He was the light of his family, a little soul devoid of spite and meanness. We can see from his chart that he was a very bright little boy.
- Transiting Saturn conjunct Mercury (communication). Father Time was to take his voice, never to be heard again.
- Nodal axis conjunct his Moon. A public place, emotions overflowing. He is our voice here.
- Venus conjunct natal Sun and Jupiter. Again we have a child being selfless and in a big way.
R.I.P. Noah Pozner, hero.
Looking after each other must be a focus at Sandy Hook Elementary School, as it is here again and again in all the charts. God bless all the souls departed.